The Best Way to Freeze Fresh Dill explained by professional Forex trading experts the “ForexSQ” FX trading team.
The Best Way to Freeze Fresh Dill
Fresh dill is expensive to buy, but cheap (and easy) to grow. Plant enough to get you through the year. Then, freeze your harvest, so you never have to spring for any at the grocery store.
Time Required: Five minutes of hands-on time or less
What You Need:
- Fresh dill
- A cookie sheet
- A freezer bag or freezer-safe container
- Wash the dill in cold water; then, shake or pat dry.
- Lay the sprigs out on a cookie sheet, and freeze.
- Transfer the frozen sprigs to a freezer bag, and return to the freezer. Here are some printable freezer labels that you can use to label your dill.
To use: Pull out as much as you need, and use it just as you would fresh dill. It thaws so quickly, there’s no need to do anything special to thaw it.
- For the freshest dill, harvest sprigs early in the morning and freeze them right away.
- Not into gardening? Fresh herbs often get marked down at the grocery store. Snatch up reduced-price packages of dill, and freeze them.
- Dried dill is also handy to have on hand. Just hang small bunches upside down in a warm, dry room, and leave them there until they feel dry to the touch. It may take a week or two for them to dry completely. Once you’re satisfied that the bunches are dry, place a plate or cookie sheet on the table in front of you; then, working above the plate, run your hands along the sprigs to strip the dill. Gather all the dried dill that fell onto the plate or cookie sheet. Transfer it to an air-tight container, and store it with the rest of your dried herbs and spices. Here’s how to substitute dried dill for fresh.
- Dill is an annual, but it re-seeds readily. If you’re growing your own, allow it to go to seed at the end of the season. It’ll drop seeds into the soil, so you don’t have to buy more seeds next year.
- Interested in growing more of your own herbs? Here’s a list of the easiest herbs to grow from seed.If one of the herbs you’re thinking about growing isn’t on this list, it’s probably best to start with a plant.Some herbs are really difficult to start from seed.
The Best Way to Freeze Fresh Dill Conclusion
For more information about currency trading brokers visit TopForexBrokers.com Forex brokers comparison website, Tip ForexSQ.com foreign exchange trading experts please by share this article about The Best Way to Freeze Fresh Dill.