forexsq - European stock markets dropped in early action on Monday, as uncertainty about the outcome of the U.S. presidential election weighed on investorsâ€™ minds.
The Stoxx Europe 600 index lost 0.4% to 273.88, giving up a 0.4% Friday gain that followed encouraging U.S. labor data.
Shares of Dutch postal company PostNL NV NL:PNL -9.53% dropped the most in the pan-European index, 5.4%, after the firm said third-quarter profit fell, mainly because of a decline in addressed mail volumes
- 2Why one economist says no recession until at least 2016
- 2Pound rises against the dollar after U.K. GDP data
- 2Pound Halts Three-Day Drop as U.K. Growth Meets Estimates
- 2Deutsche Bank Said to Have Passed ECB Stress Test
- 2Amazon CEO Bezos Faces Season of Worsts as Losses Mount
- 3U.S. Stocks Extend Rally on Earnings; Dollar Declines
- 3Fedâ€™s $4 Trillion Holdings to Boost Growth Beyond End of QE
- 3ECB Set to Fail 25 Banks in Review, Draft Document Shows
- 4Gold Rises From 1-Week Low as Investors Assess Economy
- 3Wall St. little changed as Microsoft offsets Amazon
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar draghi ecb economy eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news fx gbp/usd gold google greece imf obama oil pound s&p 500 spain stock stock market stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen