forexsq - European stock markets rallied in early action on Monday, as investors welcomed progress in U.S. debt negotiations after congressional leaders expressed optimism a deal can be struck to avert the so-called fiscal cliff.
The Stoxx Europe 600 Index rose 0.9% to 265.28, recouping from a 2.7% loss last week.
Among notable movers in the index, shares of Fugro NV tanked 19%, after the firm said Arnold Steenbakker will step down as chairman of the board of management because of difference of opinions.
- 2U.S Dollar Rises to 6-Week High Versus Yen as Jobs Gain Backs Taper | Top Forex Brokers
- 2U.S. Stock-Index Futures Rise After Payrolls Report
- 2U.S. economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- 2U.S. job growth accelerates, weather cuts into hours worked
- 2Payrolls in U.S. Rise More Than Forecast; Jobless Rate Climbs | Top Forex Brokers
- 1Dollar turns broadly higher after jobs report
- 2Stocks Extend Six-Year High as Yen Weakens; Bunds Decline
- 2ECB holds rates, looks at back door measure to loosen policy | Top Forex Brokers
- 2U.S. jobless claims tumble to three-month low
- 2Jobless Claims in U.S. Fall to Lowest Level in Three Months
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar ecb economy economy news eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold greece imf japan nfp obama oil pound spain stock stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen