Asian stocks rose, with the regional benchmark headed for the highest close since August 2011, amid confidence U.S. policy makers will reach a budget deal and the Bank of Japan will add to economic stimulus.
Canon Inc. (7751), a camera maker that gets 27 percent of its sales in the Americas, gained 6.5 percent. Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Inc. (8306), Japanâ€™s biggest lender, jumped 6.1 percent on speculation the BOJ will add monetary easing tomorrow. Whitehaven Coal Ltd. added 8.1 percent in Sydney after confirming it had held talks with China Shenhua Energy Co. Japanâ€™s steelmakers surged on speculation a new government will boost infrastructure spending.
- 2Chicago PMI drops sharply in July
- 2U.S. Could Move to Sanction Russia Derivatives, Short-Term Funds
- 2U.S. Stocks Slide as Exxon, Whole Foods Fall on Results
- 2U.S. jobless claims up, wage growth starting to push higher | Top Forex Brokers
- 2Jobless Claims in U.S. in Past Month Drop to Eight-Year Low
- 3Stock market live blog: Dow erases gain, but S&P still up; Fed statement fears get the blame
- 2Economy in U.S. Grows More Than Forecast
- 2Treasuries Drop, Metals Rise After GDP; Stocks Pare Gains
- 2Dollar Rises to 4-Month High as U.S. GDP Tops Forecasts
- 2ADP Says Companies in U.S. Boosted Payrolls by 218,000
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar ecb economy eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold google greece imf japan obama oil pound spain stock stock market stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen