Asia stocks mostly declined Friday after a sizeable increase in Chinese inflation, but Japanese shares advanced on the back of fresh losses for the yen.
Japan‚Äôs Nikkei Stock Average JP:100000018 +1.40% jumped 1.4%, with the move bringing year-to-date gains for the index to 3.9%.
But elsewhere, ‚Äúsentiment swiftly turned negative on the back of the China [consumer inflation] numbers,‚ÄĚ said Stan Shamu, strategist at IG Markets.
Chinese consumer prices rose by 2.5% in December, slightly exceeding consensus economist estimates and representing a seven-month high for the data series
- 1Margin Call And Stop Out level Difference | Top Forex Brokers
- 1MetaTrader 4 And MetaTrader 5 Major Difference | Top Forex Brokers
- 1U.S. Said to Warn Money Managers of More Russia Sanctions
- 1Dollar Heads for Weekly Gain as Data Support Pace of Fed Taper
- 1Swipe these credit card deals while they last
- 1Compensation battle rages four years after BP's U.S. oil spill
- 3Difference Of Market Execution And Instant execution In MT4 | Top Forex Brokers
- 4‚ÄėI Think I‚Äôm Going to Die,‚Äô Student on Korean Ferry Phoned
- 4Ukraine Crisis Deepens as Putin Invokes 'Right' to Invade
- 4U.S. Stocks Decline as Google, IBM Sales Disappoint
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar ecb economy economy news eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold greece imf japan nfp obama oil pound spain stock stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen