Asia stocks mostly declined Friday after a sizeable increase in Chinese inflation, but Japanese shares advanced on the back of fresh losses for the yen.
Japanâ€™s Nikkei Stock Average JP:100000018 +1.40% jumped 1.4%, with the move bringing year-to-date gains for the index to 3.9%.
But elsewhere, â€śsentiment swiftly turned negative on the back of the China [consumer inflation] numbers,â€ť said Stan Shamu, strategist at IG Markets.
Chinese consumer prices rose by 2.5% in December, slightly exceeding consensus economist estimates and representing a seven-month high for the data series
- 2Ukraine Fighting Surges as Russian-Backed Forces Gain
- 2U.S. Stocks Rise, Poised for Best Month Since February
- 2Draghi dials R for Reform. Line is busy
- 2Euro Set for Seventh Weekly Decline as Regionâ€™s Inflation Slows | Top Forex Brokers
- 2Kiev says Russian troops have entered eastern Ukraine
- 2Pending home sales climb 3.3% in July to reach 11-month high
- 2U.S. Stocks Drop on Ukraine Conflict, Retailer Earnings
- 2Yen Gains on Haven Bid Amid Ukraine Tension; Euro Drops
- 2Dollar General says committed to Family Dollar deal
- 2Crisis deepens as Ukraine says Russian troops back rebel advance
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar draghi ecb economy eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold google greece imf obama oil pound spain stock stock market stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen