Former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi accused the technocrat government of Mario Monti on Tuesday of pursuing economic policies dictated by Germany that had dragged Italy into recession.
In remarks that point to a bitter election campaign fought over European issues, Berlusconi said Germany had taken advantage of the financial crisis to lower its own borrowing costs at the expense of other states.
He said Monti's government had been compliant in following a harmful austerity policies set by other European countries.
"The Monti government has followed the Germano-centric policies which Europe has tried to impose on other states and it has created a crisis situation which is much worse than where we were when we were in government," he told his own Canale 5 television.
- 2Margin Call And Stop Out level Difference | Top Forex Brokers
- 1MetaTrader 4 And MetaTrader 5 Major Difference | Top Forex Brokers
- 2U.S. Said to Warn Money Managers of More Russia Sanctions
- 2Dollar Heads for Weekly Gain as Data Support Pace of Fed Taper
- 2Swipe these credit card deals while they last
- 2Compensation battle rages four years after BP's U.S. oil spill
- 3Difference Of Market Execution And Instant execution In MT4 | Top Forex Brokers
- 4â€˜I Think Iâ€™m Going to Die,â€™ Student on Korean Ferry Phoned
- 4Ukraine Crisis Deepens as Putin Invokes 'Right' to Invade
- 4U.S. Stocks Decline as Google, IBM Sales Disappoint
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar ecb economy economy news eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold greece imf japan nfp obama oil pound spain stock stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen