forexsq - Who is the most powerful individual in the financial markets? The chairman of the Federal Reserve could make a fair claim. So could the governors of the banks of Japan and England. The chief executive of Goldman Sachs can make a lot of waves if he chooses to, and so can Warren Buffett, or the Saudi oil minister.
But measured by what they can actually do, the most powerful person will soon be the president of the European Central Bank, the Italian banker Mario Draghi.
In the last few weeks, we have seen an extraordinary expansion of the European Central Bankâ€™s powers. It can now set interest rates, control financial markets, and effectively dictate tax and spending policies across what remains â€” despite its current difficulties â€” the worldâ€™s largest single economic bloc.
- 1Margin Call And Stop Out level Difference | Top Forex Brokers
- 1MetaTrader 4 And MetaTrader 5 Major Difference | Top Forex Brokers
- 1U.S. Said to Warn Money Managers of More Russia Sanctions
- 1Dollar Heads for Weekly Gain as Data Support Pace of Fed Taper
- 1Swipe these credit card deals while they last
- 1Compensation battle rages four years after BP's U.S. oil spill
- 3Difference Of Market Execution And Instant execution In MT4 | Top Forex Brokers
- 4â€˜I Think Iâ€™m Going to Die,â€™ Student on Korean Ferry Phoned
- 4Ukraine Crisis Deepens as Putin Invokes 'Right' to Invade
- 4U.S. Stocks Decline as Google, IBM Sales Disappoint
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar ecb economy economy news eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold greece imf japan nfp obama oil pound spain stock stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen