A failure by Congress to extend tax cuts on the middle class in the next 48 hours and avert the fiscal cliff will likely hurt the economy and financial markets, President Barack Obama said Sunday.
There are just two days remaining to avert the tax increases.
Senate leaders have been working on a possible bipartisan deal that could pass both the Senate and the House.
â€śWe donâ€™t yet see an agreement,â€ť Obama said, in an interview with NBCâ€™s â€śMeet the Press.â€ť
Higher taxes on the middle-class would depress consumer spending and â€śhurt our economy badly,â€ť Obama said.
â€śIt is going to be very hard for the economy to sustain its current growth trends if, suddenly, we have a huge bite taken out of the average Americanâ€™s paycheck,â€ť Obama said.
- 1U.S. unemployment rate hits 5.1%, lowest in 7 years
- 1Payrolls Rose 173,000 in August as Jobless Rate Drops to 5.1%
- 1This NFP jobs report is very important, Here's why
- 1ISM Non-Manufacturing PMI slows in August but tops forecast
- 1Jobless Claims in U.S. Rose More Than Forecast Last Week
- 1Euro Drops as ECB Adjusts Bond-Buying Cap, Sees Downside Risks
- 1Draghi Unveils Revamped QE Program as ECB Downgrades Outlook
- 1OPEC Oil Price drop and OPEC concerned about it
- 1Japanese Stocks Day Trader Made $34 Million
- 1Oil Price Jumps Most in Three Years on Faster U.S. Economic Growth
Follow ForexSQ on Social Networks
adp apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bank of england bank of japan bernanke best forex news boe boj bonds china china economy crude oil currencies currency currency news currency trading dollar dollar index dow dow jones draghi ecb economy economy news egypt eur eur/usd euro euro crisis euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stock markets european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve fomc forex forex news forex trading forex trading news franc fx fx news gbp/usd germany gold gold price google greece grexit imf iphone japan jobs report jpmorgan merkel nasdaq nfp obama oil oil price oil prices opec payrolls pound price of oil putin ruble russia s&p 500 spain stock stock futures stock market stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks ukraine unemployment rate us dollar us economy us stocks usd usd/jpy wall street yellen yen yuan
“Yes, Dollar is stable and fix and it is useful for...”
“there is no gold savior anymore...”
“i think us stocks has bubble these days...”
“Federal Reserve want to have more control on banks...”
“actually forex traders know more about ite...”
“i know grexit will destroy euro 1finally...”
“most of forex traders shocked by euro falling...”
“oil prices will fall down more...”
“unexpectedly good nfp news for US dollar...”
“swiss national bank destroyed the forex market by its false decision...”