‚ÄúIt‚Äôs Global Warming, Stupid‚ÄĚ screams a huge Bloomberg BusinessWeek cover. But that was a month ago, right after Hurricane Sandy.
Today America‚Äôs short attention span shifted again. We‚Äôre hot for Christmas shopping. Parties. Caroling. All that stuff that keeps our great consumer economy humming along, especially in the other 99% of America not directly hit like New York and New Jersey.
Yes, folks, America has a new inconvenient truth ‚ÄĒ we are all capitalists first. And our love of the environment quickly becomes a distant second in this economic war, especially when Santa‚Äôs singing ‚ÄúSleigh Bells Ring‚ÄĚ and we compare buying new toys for the kids this holiday versus paying the $29 billion estimated cost of building levees and dikes to keep Manhattan from sinking into the Atlantic Ocean around 2050.
- 3Ukraine Fighting Surges as Russian-Backed Forces Gain
- 3U.S. Stocks Rise, Poised for Best Month Since February
- 3Draghi dials R for Reform. Line is busy
- 3Euro Set for Seventh Weekly Decline as Region‚Äôs Inflation Slows | Top Forex Brokers
- 3Kiev says Russian troops have entered eastern Ukraine
- 2Pending home sales climb 3.3% in July to reach 11-month high
- 2U.S. Stocks Drop on Ukraine Conflict, Retailer Earnings
- 2Yen Gains on Haven Bid Amid Ukraine Tension; Euro Drops
- 2Dollar General says committed to Family Dollar deal
- 2Crisis deepens as Ukraine says Russian troops back rebel advance
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar draghi ecb economy eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold google greece imf obama oil pound spain stock stock market stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen