āItās Global Warming, Stupidā screams a huge Bloomberg BusinessWeek cover. But that was a month ago, right after Hurricane Sandy.
Today Americaās short attention span shifted again. Weāre hot for Christmas shopping. Parties. Caroling. All that stuff that keeps our great consumer economy humming along, especially in the other 99% of America not directly hit like New York and New Jersey.
Yes, folks, America has a new inconvenient truth ā we are all capitalists first. And our love of the environment quickly becomes a distant second in this economic war, especially when Santaās singing āSleigh Bells Ringā and we compare buying new toys for the kids this holiday versus paying the $29 billion estimated cost of building levees and dikes to keep Manhattan from sinking into the Atlantic Ocean around 2050.
- 3Margin Call And Stop Out level Difference | Top Forex Brokers
- 2MetaTrader 4 And MetaTrader 5 Major Difference | Top Forex Brokers
- 3U.S. Said to Warn Money Managers of More Russia Sanctions
- 3Dollar Heads for Weekly Gain as Data Support Pace of Fed Taper
- 2Swipe these credit card deals while they last
- 2Compensation battle rages four years after BP's U.S. oil spill
- 3Difference Of Market Execution And Instant execution In MT4 | Top Forex Brokers
- 4āI Think Iām Going to Die,ā Student on Korean Ferry Phoned
- 4Ukraine Crisis Deepens as Putin Invokes 'Right' to Invade
- 4U.S. Stocks Decline as Google, IBM Sales Disappoint
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar ecb economy economy news eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold greece imf japan nfp obama oil pound spain stock stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen