forexsq - The jobless rate in the U.S. probably rose in September as employers limited hiring, keeping the labor marketâ€™s lack of progress at the center of Federal Reserve deliberations and the presidential election.
Unemployment increased to 8.2 percent last month from 8.1 percent in August, according to the median projection of 88 economists surveyed by Bloomberg. Payrolls climbed by 115,000 workers, less than the 139,000 average over the first eight months of the year, the report may also show.
â€śWeâ€™re running in place,â€ť said Ethan Harris, co-head of global economics research at Bank of America Corp. in New York. â€śA gain of around 100,000 or so jobs is just enough to absorb the population of new workers.â€ť
Joblessness thatâ€™s exceeded 8 percent for an unprecedented 43 months is restraining incomes and impeding consumersâ€™ ability to support the economy as global demand and business investment wane. Todayâ€™s release marks the second-to-last jobs report before the November elections as President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney debate whoâ€™s best equipped to boost employment.
- 2While You Were Getting Worked Up Over Oil Prices, This Just Happened to Solar
- 2U.S. Stocks Fluctuate as Visa Rallies Amid GDP, Jobless Data
- 2Greeceâ€™s Euro Dilemma Is Back as Minister Sees Volatility
- 2Expecting U.S. Growth to Slow? REIT Pair Trade Pays 1.6%
- 2U.S. Economy Up 3.5% in 3rd Quarter, Capping Best 6 Months in Over a Decade
- 2U.S. jobless claims rise, but underlying labor market trends firming
- 2Dollar Gains as Central Banks Give Green Light to Buy
- 2Great time to load up on stocks, unless you buy into the post-QE disaster scenario
- 2Fed ends 6-year effort to stimulate economy | Top Forex Brokers
- 2Ruble Weakens to Record on Concern Russia to Expedite Free Float
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar draghi ecb economy eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news fx gbp/usd gold google greece imf obama oil pound s&p 500 spain stock stock market stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen