forexsq - U.S. companies are scaling back investment plans at the fastest pace since the recession, signaling more trouble for the economic recovery.
Half of the nation's 40 biggest publicly traded corporate spenders have announced plans to curtail capital expenditures this year or next, according to a review by The Wall Street Journal of securities filings and conference calls.
Nationwide, business investment in equipment and softwareâ€”a measure of economic vitality in the corporate sectorâ€”stalled in the third quarter for the first time since early 2009. Corporate investment in new buildings has declined.
At the same time, exports are slowing or falling to such critical markets as China and the euro zone as the global economy downshifts, creating another drag on firms' expansion plans. forex
- 1Payrolls Rise Less Than Forecast, U.S. Jobless Rate Steady
- 1Job growth seen accelerating, leaving Fed closer to hike
- 3Fed leave rates unchanged, FOMC Statement
- 4Retail Sales in U.S. Rise as Consumers Unshaken by Turmoil
- 3Forex : Depth Missing When Needed in $5.3 Trillion-a-Day Currency Market
- 3Oil Price Will Go Lower Than $20, Goldman Says
- 3Forex : Which Country WillÂ Devalue Their Currency Next?
- 3BOE Says Global Turmoil Hasnâ€™t Shaken Its Economic Outlook
- 3Australia Labour Force, Unemployment increased
- 3U.S. unemployment rate hits 5.1%, lowest in 7 years
Follow ForexSQ on Social Networks
adp apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bank of england bank of japan bernanke best forex news boe boj bonds china china economy crude oil currencies currency currency news currency trading dollar dollar index dow dow jones draghi ecb economy economy news egypt eur eur/usd euro euro crisis euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stock markets european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve fomc forex forex news forex trading forex trading news franc fx fx news gbp/usd germany gold gold price google greece grexit imf iphone japan jobs report jpmorgan merkel nasdaq nfp obama oil oil price oil prices opec payrolls pound price of oil putin ruble russia s&p 500 spain stock stock futures stock market stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks ukraine unemployment rate us dollar us economy us stocks usd usd/jpy wall street yellen yen yuan
“Yes, Dollar is stable and fix and it is useful for...”
“there is no gold savior anymore...”
“i think us stocks has bubble these days...”
“Federal Reserve want to have more control on banks...”
“actually forex traders know more about ite...”
“i know grexit will destroy euro 1finally...”
“most of forex traders shocked by euro falling...”
“oil prices will fall down more...”
“unexpectedly good nfp news for US dollar...”
“swiss national bank destroyed the forex market by its false decision...”