forexsq - The French-backed effort to fast- track a European bank supervisor is running into German-led concern over potential costs as the regionâ€™s leaders tussle over putting their crisis-fighting blueprint into action.
The 27-nation European Union has struggled to maintain momentum on a June plan to spur investor confidence by putting the European Central Bank in charge of banks across the euro area. Skeptics have questioned the scope of the ECBâ€™s supervisory powers and how losses would be shared.
As leaders gather in Brussels for a two-day summit, French President Francois Hollande says efforts to stem the turmoil that began in 2009 could unravel if the EU fails to deliver on its promises. He called on the EU to press ahead on banking union, provide economic help to countries that rein in budget deficits, and show investors that Greece will be able to stay in the euro zone if it keeps its commitments.
- 1Dollar turns broadly higher after jobs report
- 1U.S Dollar Rises to 6-Week High Versus Yen as Jobs Gain Backs Taper | Top Forex Brokers
- 1U.S. Stock-Index Futures Rise After Payrolls Report
- 1U.S. economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- 1U.S. job growth accelerates, weather cuts into hours worked
- 1Payrolls in U.S. Rise More Than Forecast; Jobless Rate Climbs | Top Forex Brokers
- 2Stocks Extend Six-Year High as Yen Weakens; Bunds Decline
- 2ECB holds rates, looks at back door measure to loosen policy | Top Forex Brokers
- 2U.S. jobless claims tumble to three-month low
- 2Jobless Claims in U.S. Fall to Lowest Level in Three Months
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar ecb economy economy news eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold greece imf japan nfp obama oil pound spain stock stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen