China's ruling Communist Party is preparing to shuffle its top ranks, an opaque process that will affect the country's economy and stability for years to come.
The transition, set to start just two days after Americans go to the polls, will set a new cast for the powerful Politburo Standing Committee -- a small group of officials who will wield tremendous power over China's tightly-controlled economy for years to come.
That economy, the world's second largest, has sprinted to prominence over the past three decades with year after year of sustained 10% growth.
But China's economic growth has slowed recently. In the third quarter, the government reported GDP expansion of only 7.4%. The economy's performance, while not a disaster, was still the slowest quarterly growth posted in years and underscored concerns about the sustainability of Beijing's model.
At the heart of these concerns is a set of structural problems, all of which require reforms that the previous party leadership -- divided over policy -- was unable to complete.
- 1Margin Call And Stop Out level Difference | Top Forex Brokers
- 1MetaTrader 4 And MetaTrader 5 Major Difference | Top Forex Brokers
- 1U.S. Said to Warn Money Managers of More Russia Sanctions
- 1Dollar Heads for Weekly Gain as Data Support Pace of Fed Taper
- 1Swipe these credit card deals while they last
- 1Compensation battle rages four years after BP's U.S. oil spill
- 3Difference Of Market Execution And Instant execution In MT4 | Top Forex Brokers
- 4â€˜I Think Iâ€™m Going to Die,â€™ Student on Korean Ferry Phoned
- 4Ukraine Crisis Deepens as Putin Invokes 'Right' to Invade
- 4U.S. Stocks Decline as Google, IBM Sales Disappoint
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar ecb economy economy news eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold greece imf japan nfp obama oil pound spain stock stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen