forexsq - An investment banker fed confidential information to two girlfriends to make more than ÂŁ1m through insider share dealing, a court head. Thomas Ammann, 39, used Christina Weckwerth, 44, and Jessica Mang, 30, as â€ścash and coverâ€ť to make illegal trades, it was alleged. All three profited from the activity, although each woman was unaware of the otherâ€™s existence, Southwark Crown Court heard. Miss Weckwerth, a wealthy divorcee from Koenigstein in Taunus, Germany, whom Mr Ammann met through a dating website, invested more than half her divorce settlement to make about ÂŁ1.2m, a jury was told.
Miss Mang, a health worker from central London who met the banker at a nightclub, used credit cards and borrowed money from her family to make ÂŁ30,000, it was alleged.
The two women deny charges of insider dealing which Ammann has admitted.
- 2Chicago PMI drops sharply in July
- 2U.S. Could Move to Sanction Russia Derivatives, Short-Term Funds
- 2U.S. Stocks Slide as Exxon, Whole Foods Fall on Results
- 2U.S. jobless claims up, wage growth starting to push higher | Top Forex Brokers
- 2Jobless Claims in U.S. in Past Month Drop to Eight-Year Low
- 3Stock market live blog: Dow erases gain, but S&P still up; Fed statement fears get the blame
- 2Economy in U.S. Grows More Than Forecast
- 2Treasuries Drop, Metals Rise After GDP; Stocks Pare Gains
- 2Dollar Rises to 4-Month High as U.S. GDP Tops Forecasts
- 2ADP Says Companies in U.S. Boosted Payrolls by 218,000
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar ecb economy eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold google greece imf japan obama oil pound spain stock stock market stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen