According to a survey conducted by management consulting firm Accenture, 53% of consumers say they plan to shop on Black Friday, up from 44% last year. That would reverse three years of declining consumer interest in the day, based on the companyâ€™s previous surveys.
The spike comes as retailers have been ramping up their Black Friday marketing efforts and rolling out new strategies to lure consumers, says Jeff Green, an independent retail analyst in Phoenix. To lure consumers, retailers have been rolling out new strategies: Some stores are using social media to give shoppers sneak previews of the deals theyâ€™ll offer on Nov. 23. Macyâ€™s, for example, has been posting announcements on Facebook all month about its Black Friday deals: half-carat diamond earrings for less than $200, for example, and 40% off coffeemakers and espresso machines. And to make shopping in the store easier, the retailer just enhanced its smartphone app, enabling customers to find Black Friday deals at specific store locations â€” down to the department and floor.
- 2Margin Call And Stop Out level Difference | Top Forex Brokers
- 1MetaTrader 4 And MetaTrader 5 Major Difference | Top Forex Brokers
- 2U.S. Said to Warn Money Managers of More Russia Sanctions
- 2Dollar Heads for Weekly Gain as Data Support Pace of Fed Taper
- 2Swipe these credit card deals while they last
- 2Compensation battle rages four years after BP's U.S. oil spill
- 3Difference Of Market Execution And Instant execution In MT4 | Top Forex Brokers
- 4â€˜I Think Iâ€™m Going to Die,â€™ Student on Korean Ferry Phoned
- 4Ukraine Crisis Deepens as Putin Invokes 'Right' to Invade
- 4U.S. Stocks Decline as Google, IBM Sales Disappoint
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar ecb economy economy news eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold greece imf japan nfp obama oil pound spain stock stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen