forexsq - The yen touched the lowest level in almost seven months as the Bank of Japan holds a two-day meeting amid speculation the opposition party that advocates more aggressive easing will take power in Decemberâ€™s election.
Japanâ€™s currency dropped against most major counterparts after Liberal Democratic Party leader Shinzo Abe was reported to have said heâ€™ll choose someone in favor of inflation targets as the next BOJ governor. Demand for the euro was limited before European finance ministers gather in Brussels tomorrow. Australiaâ€™s dollar climbed as gains in Asian shares boosted demand for higher-yielding assets.
â€śWhatâ€™s going on in Japanese politics is probably a more important driver for the yen, at least in the near term, and that can see it weakening,â€ť said Joseph Capurso, a currency strategist in Sydney at Commonwealth Bank of Australia. â€śIn the medium term, you can get these knee-jerk reactionsâ€ť to BOJ easing signals, he said.
- 3Sterling Dips after BoE Minutes | Top Forex Brokers
- 3Brent Crude Rises as Ukraine Fighting Intensifies
- 1Gold Holds Above Three-Day Low as Ukraine to U.S. Weighed
- 2Two Ukraine Fighter Jets Downed by Rebels Near MH17 Site
- 2Aussie Climbs on Inflation as Emerging Currencies Rally
- 2NY Fed found serious problems at Deutsche Bank's U.S. arms: source
- 2Bank of England Monetary Policy Meeting Minutes
- 5For stocks, Dow 20,000â€”then a crash?
- 4Consumer prices rise in June as gasoline prices jump
- 4FxPro Safety of Client Funds | Top Forex Brokers
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar draghi ecb economy eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold google greece imf obama oil pound spain stock stock market stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen