forexsq - The yen touched the lowest level in almost seven months as the Bank of Japan holds a two-day meeting amid speculation the opposition party that advocates more aggressive easing will take power in December‚Äôs election.
Japan‚Äôs currency dropped against most major counterparts after Liberal Democratic Party leader Shinzo Abe was reported to have said he‚Äôll choose someone in favor of inflation targets as the next BOJ governor. Demand for the euro was limited before European finance ministers gather in Brussels tomorrow. Australia‚Äôs dollar climbed as gains in Asian shares boosted demand for higher-yielding assets.
‚ÄúWhat‚Äôs going on in Japanese politics is probably a more important driver for the yen, at least in the near term, and that can see it weakening,‚ÄĚ said Joseph Capurso, a currency strategist in Sydney at Commonwealth Bank of Australia. ‚ÄúIn the medium term, you can get these knee-jerk reactions‚ÄĚ to BOJ easing signals, he said.
- 1Margin Call And Stop Out level Difference | Top Forex Brokers
- 1MetaTrader 4 And MetaTrader 5 Major Difference | Top Forex Brokers
- 1U.S. Said to Warn Money Managers of More Russia Sanctions
- 1Dollar Heads for Weekly Gain as Data Support Pace of Fed Taper
- 1Swipe these credit card deals while they last
- 1Compensation battle rages four years after BP's U.S. oil spill
- 3Difference Of Market Execution And Instant execution In MT4 | Top Forex Brokers
- 4‚ÄėI Think I‚Äôm Going to Die,‚Äô Student on Korean Ferry Phoned
- 4Ukraine Crisis Deepens as Putin Invokes 'Right' to Invade
- 4U.S. Stocks Decline as Google, IBM Sales Disappoint
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar ecb economy economy news eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold greece imf japan nfp obama oil pound spain stock stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen