forexsq - The yen touched the lowest level in almost seven months as the Bank of Japan holds a two-day meeting amid speculation the opposition party that advocates more aggressive easing will take power in Decemberâ€™s election.
Japanâ€™s currency dropped against most major counterparts after Liberal Democratic Party leader Shinzo Abe was reported to have said heâ€™ll choose someone in favor of inflation targets as the next BOJ governor. Demand for the euro was limited before European finance ministers gather in Brussels tomorrow. Australiaâ€™s dollar climbed as gains in Asian shares boosted demand for higher-yielding assets.
â€śWhatâ€™s going on in Japanese politics is probably a more important driver for the yen, at least in the near term, and that can see it weakening,â€ť said Joseph Capurso, a currency strategist in Sydney at Commonwealth Bank of Australia. â€śIn the medium term, you can get these knee-jerk reactionsâ€ť to BOJ easing signals, he said.
- 3U.S Dollar Rises to 6-Week High Versus Yen as Jobs Gain Backs Taper | Top Forex Brokers
- 3U.S. Stock-Index Futures Rise After Payrolls Report
- 3U.S. economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- 3U.S. job growth accelerates, weather cuts into hours worked
- 3Payrolls in U.S. Rise More Than Forecast; Jobless Rate Climbs | Top Forex Brokers
- 1Dollar turns broadly higher after jobs report
- 3U.S. jobless claims tumble to three-month low
- 3Jobless Claims in U.S. Fall to Lowest Level in Three Months
- 3EU Leaders Seek Coordinated Response to Russia: Video
- 3Crimea votes to join Russia, accelerating Ukraine crisis
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar ecb economy economy news eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold greece imf japan nfp obama oil pound spain stock stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen