forexsq - The monthly jobs report usually gets a lot of attention, but the September numbers due on Friday are likely to absorb an outsize amount of oxygen because of the election just over a month away.
Here are some crucial details economists and analysts are likely to be looking for in the report.
One note of caution: The jobs report numbers are volatile and subject to major revisions months or even years afterward, so itâ€™s a good idea not to read too much into any one report, Fridayâ€™s included. Last week, in fact, the Labor Department released preliminary revisions to the jobs numbers for the 12 months ended in March 2012 suggesting that the economy added 386,000 more jobs than originally believed.
1. The number of jobs that employers added to their payrolls.
Economists are predicting job growth of 113,000, far below the economyâ€™s long-term trend and too slow to absorb just those coming of age into the labor force.
The pace of job growth the last few months has been somewhat lackluster, with the economy adding an average of 87,000 jobs a month since April, after averaging 226,000 jobs in the first three months of this year. forex
- 1Dollar Heads for Longest Rally Since 1967 on Divergence
- 1'Hundreds of thousands' of orders placed for Alibaba in debut: NYSE
- 1Stocks Rise as Investors Await Alibaba to Begin Trading
- 1Alibaba Indicated to Open Higher After Record U.S. IPO
- 1Cantor: â€˜Buyâ€™ Alibaba shares after IPO
- 1Markets rally as Scotland votes to stay | Top Forex Brokers
- 2Yellen says poor Americans live in â€˜soberingâ€™ conditions
- 2Pound rises to two-year high against euro
- 2Pound 2-Year High Shows Bets Scotland Votes â€˜Noâ€™
- 2U.S. Stocks Climb on Fed Optimism, Lower Jobless Claims
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar draghi ecb economy eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold google greece imf obama oil pound spain stock stock market stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen