forexsq - The monthly jobs report usually gets a lot of attention, but the September numbers due on Friday are likely to absorb an outsize amount of oxygen because of the election just over a month away.
Here are some crucial details economists and analysts are likely to be looking for in the report.
One note of caution: The jobs report numbers are volatile and subject to major revisions months or even years afterward, so itâ€™s a good idea not to read too much into any one report, Fridayâ€™s included. Last week, in fact, the Labor Department released preliminary revisions to the jobs numbers for the 12 months ended in March 2012 suggesting that the economy added 386,000 more jobs than originally believed.
1. The number of jobs that employers added to their payrolls.
Economists are predicting job growth of 113,000, far below the economyâ€™s long-term trend and too slow to absorb just those coming of age into the labor force.
The pace of job growth the last few months has been somewhat lackluster, with the economy adding an average of 87,000 jobs a month since April, after averaging 226,000 jobs in the first three months of this year. forex
- 7Gold Most Bullish Since 2012 as Goldman Sees Slump: Commodities
- 7Debt Exceeds $100 Trillion as Governments Binge
- 7U.S. Stocks Retreat After S&P 500 Climbs to Record
- 1Dollar gains against Aussie on Chinese trade
- 2Russian Forces Gain in Ukraine as Separatist Vote Looms
- 3Aussie Drops for Second Day on China Trade Data; Yuan Weakens | Top Forex Brokers
- 8U.S. job growth accelerates, weather cuts into hours worked
- 8Payrolls in U.S. Rise More Than Forecast; Jobless Rate Climbs | Top Forex Brokers
- 7U.S. economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- 6U.S Dollar Rises to 6-Week High Versus Yen as Jobs Gain Backs Taper | Top Forex Brokers
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar ecb economy economy news eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold greece imf japan nfp obama oil pound spain stock stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen