forexsq - The yen sank to a six-month low on prospects Japanese elections next month will hand power to the opposition party that advocates more aggressive monetary easing.
Japan‚Äôs currency was set for the biggest two-day drop in a year on speculation the election will favor Shinzo Abe, who today called for unlimited easing by the Bank of Japan. (8301) Demand for the euro was tempered before data forecast to show the currency bloc‚Äôs economy shrank a second quarter. The Dollar Index (DXY) was less than 0.1 percent from a two-month high as tensions in the Gaza Strip spurred demand for haven assets.
‚ÄúThe yen is being sold against the dollar on speculation the elections will lead to a change in administrations and Abe will ask the BOJ for more easing,‚ÄĚ said Yuki Sakasai, a currency strategist at Barclays Plc in New York. forex
- 2Margin Call And Stop Out level Difference | Top Forex Brokers
- 1MetaTrader 4 And MetaTrader 5 Major Difference | Top Forex Brokers
- 2U.S. Said to Warn Money Managers of More Russia Sanctions
- 2Dollar Heads for Weekly Gain as Data Support Pace of Fed Taper
- 2Swipe these credit card deals while they last
- 2Compensation battle rages four years after BP's U.S. oil spill
- 3Difference Of Market Execution And Instant execution In MT4 | Top Forex Brokers
- 4‚ÄėI Think I‚Äôm Going to Die,‚Äô Student on Korean Ferry Phoned
- 4Ukraine Crisis Deepens as Putin Invokes 'Right' to Invade
- 4U.S. Stocks Decline as Google, IBM Sales Disappoint
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar ecb economy economy news eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold greece imf japan nfp obama oil pound spain stock stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen