forexsq - The yen sank to a six-month low on prospects Japanese elections next month will hand power to the opposition party that advocates more aggressive monetary easing.
Japanâ€™s currency was set for the biggest two-day drop in a year on speculation the election will favor Shinzo Abe, who today called for unlimited easing by the Bank of Japan. (8301) Demand for the euro was tempered before data forecast to show the currency blocâ€™s economy shrank a second quarter. The Dollar Index (DXY) was less than 0.1 percent from a two-month high as tensions in the Gaza Strip spurred demand for haven assets.
â€śThe yen is being sold against the dollar on speculation the elections will lead to a change in administrations and Abe will ask the BOJ for more easing,â€ť said Yuki Sakasai, a currency strategist at Barclays Plc in New York. forex
- 1Dollar climbs against yen, pound
- 1Apple Probes Report ICloud Was Hacked to Gain Stars privet photos
- 1U.S. Stocks Fluctuate Near Record Before Factory Data
- 1Dollar General sweetens Family Dollar bid, may go hostile
- 1Dollar Gains to 7-Month High on Outlook for U.S. Economy | Top Forex Brokers
- 3Putinâ€™s Money Beats Sanctions in Russian Bank Bond Market
- 3European Bonds Rise on Factory Data; Ruble at Record Low
- 3Dollar rises slightly against yen, euro with investors on pause
- 3Euro Touches One-Year Low Versus Dollar | Top Forex Brokers
- 3Ukraine Fighting Surges as Russian-Backed Forces Gain
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar draghi ecb economy eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold google greece imf obama oil pound spain stock stock market stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen