forexsq - The U.S. dollar was little changed versus major rivals in thin trade Friday, with euro bulls and bears fighting to a standstill ahead of potentially market-moving September nonfarm payrolls data.
The ICE dollar index , which measures the U.S. unit against a basket of six major rivals, edged up to 79.390 from 79.376 in North American trade late Thursday.
The euro fetched $1.3007, little changed from $1.3015. The British pound traded at $1.6178 versus $1.6188 on Thursday.
With the currency pair ‚Äúflatlining during the Asia session this just adds to the air of nervousness ahead of the U.S. employment report later today. As always, this release brings the potential for volatility,‚ÄĚ Smith said.
Five of the past six releases have come in softer than expected, which has tended to push the dollar lower, he said.
The Labor Department will release the data at 8:30 a.m. Eastern time. Economists surveyed by MarketWatch predict the U.S. economy gained 110,000 jobs last month, while the unemployment rate is expected to tick up to 8.2% from 8.1%. forex
- 1Dollar Heads for Longest Rally Since 1967 on Divergence
- 1'Hundreds of thousands' of orders placed for Alibaba in debut: NYSE
- 1Stocks Rise as Investors Await Alibaba to Begin Trading
- 1Alibaba Indicated to Open Higher After Record U.S. IPO
- 1Cantor: ‚ÄėBuy‚Äô Alibaba shares after IPO
- 1Markets rally as Scotland votes to stay | Top Forex Brokers
- 2Yellen says poor Americans live in ‚Äėsobering‚Äô conditions
- 2Pound rises to two-year high against euro
- 2Pound 2-Year High Shows Bets Scotland Votes ‚ÄėNo‚Äô
- 2U.S. Stocks Climb on Fed Optimism, Lower Jobless Claims
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar draghi ecb economy eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold google greece imf obama oil pound spain stock stock market stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen