forexsq - The euro jumped to a one-month high versus the dollar and gained ground on other major rivals Wednesday after ratings firm Moody‚Äôs Investors Service held Spain‚Äôs rating a notch above junk grade in a long-awaited decision late the previous day.
The euro EURUSD +0.5012% fetched $1.3112 in recent action, up from $1.3051 in North American trade late Tuesday. The shared currency traded as high as $1.3121 in Asian action, according to FactSet, its highest level since Sept. 17.
‚ÄúSpain‚Äôs near miss with a junk credit rating has boosted not just the euro but also the Aussie [Australian dollar] and the kiwi [New Zealand dollar], which suggests ‚Äėpositive‚Äô Spanish news is causing a broad-based risk rally,‚ÄĚ said Kathleen Brooks, research director at Forex.com in emailed comments.
- 3Ukraine Fighting Surges as Russian-Backed Forces Gain
- 3U.S. Stocks Rise, Poised for Best Month Since February
- 3Draghi dials R for Reform. Line is busy
- 3Euro Set for Seventh Weekly Decline as Region‚Äôs Inflation Slows | Top Forex Brokers
- 3Kiev says Russian troops have entered eastern Ukraine
- 2Pending home sales climb 3.3% in July to reach 11-month high
- 2U.S. Stocks Drop on Ukraine Conflict, Retailer Earnings
- 2Yen Gains on Haven Bid Amid Ukraine Tension; Euro Drops
- 2Dollar General says committed to Family Dollar deal
- 2Crisis deepens as Ukraine says Russian troops back rebel advance
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar draghi ecb economy eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold google greece imf obama oil pound spain stock stock market stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen