The euro fell to a one-month low against the yen on Friday as leveraged investors sold the single currency amid worsening growth prospects in the euro zone.
The euro fell 0.3 percent to 100.99 yen, its lowest level since Oct. 11 with traders saying stop loss sell orders were triggered below 101.00 yen.
The dollar was also weaker against the yen, trading 0.2 percent lower on the day at 79.29 yen, its lowest in more than a week.
The safe-haven yen is generally sought after during times of financial stress and uncertainty about a global economic recovery.
- 1Minutes Show Fed Leaders Delayed Rate Hike Over Global Risks
- 1Fed awaiting evidence global chill not knocking U.S. off track: minutes
- 1BOE Signals Rate Can Stay Low as Inflation Weakness Persists
- 3Ben Bernanke: More execs should have gone to jail for causing Great Recession
- 3Payrolls Rise Less Than Forecast, U.S. Jobless Rate Steady
- 3Job growth seen accelerating, leaving Fed closer to hike
- 4Fed leave rates unchanged, FOMC Statement
- 5Retail Sales in U.S. Rise as Consumers Unshaken by Turmoil
- 4Forex : Depth Missing When Needed in $5.3 Trillion-a-Day Currency Market
- 4Oil Price Will Go Lower Than $20, Goldman Says
Follow ForexSQ on Social Networks
adp apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bank of england bank of japan bernanke best forex news boe boj bonds china china economy crude oil currencies currency currency news currency trading dollar dollar index dow dow jones draghi ecb economy economy news egypt eur eur/usd euro euro crisis euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stock markets european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve fomc forex forex news forex trading forex trading news franc fx fx news gbp/usd germany gold gold price google greece grexit imf iphone japan jobs report jpmorgan merkel nasdaq nfp obama oil oil price oil prices opec payrolls pound price of oil putin ruble russia s&p 500 spain stock stock futures stock market stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks ukraine unemployment rate us dollar us economy us stocks usd usd/jpy wall street yellen yen yuan
“Yes, Dollar is stable and fix and it is useful for...”
“there is no gold savior anymore...”
“i think us stocks has bubble these days...”
“Federal Reserve want to have more control on banks...”
“actually forex traders know more about ite...”
“i know grexit will destroy euro 1finally...”
“most of forex traders shocked by euro falling...”
“oil prices will fall down more...”
“unexpectedly good nfp news for US dollar...”
“swiss national bank destroyed the forex market by its false decision...”