The euro slid to a two-month low against the dollar and the weakest level in almost a month versus the yen as a drop in French industrial production added to speculation Europeâ€™s economic outlook is worsening.
The 17-nation currency headed for weekly declines against the yen and greenback as Greek lawmakers prepare to vote Nov. 11 on next yearâ€™s budget. The euro pared losses after U.S. consumer confidence climbed to a five-year high. Swedenâ€™s krona tumbled against all of its 16 most-traded counterparts, and Brazilâ€™s real fell to a four-month low versus the greenback.
â€śIt doesnâ€™t really come as a surprise that there are growth concerns in Europe -- they are in a recession -- but the contraction looks like it may be deeper,â€ť said Eric Viloria, senior currency strategist for Gain Capital Group LLC in New York. â€śItâ€™s going to add to negativity and weigh on the euro.â€ť forex
- 3U.S Dollar Rises to 6-Week High Versus Yen as Jobs Gain Backs Taper | Top Forex Brokers
- 3U.S. Stock-Index Futures Rise After Payrolls Report
- 3U.S. economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- 3U.S. job growth accelerates, weather cuts into hours worked
- 3Payrolls in U.S. Rise More Than Forecast; Jobless Rate Climbs | Top Forex Brokers
- 1Dollar turns broadly higher after jobs report
- 3U.S. jobless claims tumble to three-month low
- 3Jobless Claims in U.S. Fall to Lowest Level in Three Months
- 3EU Leaders Seek Coordinated Response to Russia: Video
- 3Crimea votes to join Russia, accelerating Ukraine crisis
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar ecb economy economy news eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold greece imf japan nfp obama oil pound spain stock stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen