The euro slid to a two-month low against the dollar and the weakest level in almost a month versus the yen as a drop in French industrial production added to speculation Europeâ€™s economic outlook is worsening.
The 17-nation currency headed for weekly declines against the yen and greenback as Greek lawmakers prepare to vote Nov. 11 on next yearâ€™s budget. The euro pared losses after U.S. consumer confidence climbed to a five-year high. Swedenâ€™s krona tumbled against all of its 16 most-traded counterparts, and Brazilâ€™s real fell to a four-month low versus the greenback.
â€śIt doesnâ€™t really come as a surprise that there are growth concerns in Europe -- they are in a recession -- but the contraction looks like it may be deeper,â€ť said Eric Viloria, senior currency strategist for Gain Capital Group LLC in New York. â€śItâ€™s going to add to negativity and weigh on the euro.â€ť forex
- 2Ukraine Fighting Surges as Russian-Backed Forces Gain
- 2U.S. Stocks Rise, Poised for Best Month Since February
- 2Draghi dials R for Reform. Line is busy
- 2Euro Set for Seventh Weekly Decline as Regionâ€™s Inflation Slows | Top Forex Brokers
- 2Kiev says Russian troops have entered eastern Ukraine
- 2Pending home sales climb 3.3% in July to reach 11-month high
- 2U.S. Stocks Drop on Ukraine Conflict, Retailer Earnings
- 2Yen Gains on Haven Bid Amid Ukraine Tension; Euro Drops
- 2Dollar General says committed to Family Dollar deal
- 2Crisis deepens as Ukraine says Russian troops back rebel advance
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar draghi ecb economy eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold google greece imf obama oil pound spain stock stock market stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen