forexsq - The US Dollar weakened in overnight trade as risk appetite swelled across financial markets â€“ weakening forex tradersâ€™ demand for the go-to haven currency â€“ in the aftermath of the US general election. The ballot handed victory to President Barack Obama while challenger Governor Mitt Romney conceded. As we argued yesterday, any outcome that produced a clear winner was likely to be greeted by investors hopeful for a swift re-orientation toward resolving the looming â€śfiscal cliffâ€ť fiasco.
Looking ahead, a quiet economic calendar is likely to keep the election front and center as financial markets around the world take their opportunity to respond to the results. S&P 500 stock index futures have erased earlier losses ahead of the opening bell on Wall Street, suggesting the risk-on bias into the hours ahead. Investorsâ€™ chipper mood may not prove lasting however, opening the door for the greenback to mount a swift recovery.
- 2Ukraine Fighting Surges as Russian-Backed Forces Gain
- 2U.S. Stocks Rise, Poised for Best Month Since February
- 2Draghi dials R for Reform. Line is busy
- 2Euro Set for Seventh Weekly Decline as Regionâ€™s Inflation Slows | Top Forex Brokers
- 2Kiev says Russian troops have entered eastern Ukraine
- 2Pending home sales climb 3.3% in July to reach 11-month high
- 2U.S. Stocks Drop on Ukraine Conflict, Retailer Earnings
- 2Yen Gains on Haven Bid Amid Ukraine Tension; Euro Drops
- 2Dollar General says committed to Family Dollar deal
- 2Crisis deepens as Ukraine says Russian troops back rebel advance
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar draghi ecb economy eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold google greece imf obama oil pound spain stock stock market stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen