forexsq - The dollar and Japanese yen fell sharply as the euro rallied early Wednesday after the House of Representatives passed a bill to undo much of the fiscal cliff threatening the U.S. economy.
After trading at 79.792 late Monday in North America, the ICE dollar index DXY -0.28% had fallen to 79.460 by Wednesday afternoon in Asia.
The index, which tracks the dollar against six major rival currencies, moved as low as 79.28, as U.S. lawmakers passed a bipartisan deal undoing much of the fiscal cliff of austerity measures, which began going into effect at the start of the year. forex
- 2U.S. stocks open lower; Dow falls below 17,000
- 2S&P 500 Earnings Top Estimates at 77% Pace Led by Ford
- 2U.S. Stocks Decline as Amazon, Visa Results Miss Forecast
- 2Gold Gains From 5-Week Low as Prices Near Technical Level
- 3Dollar Rises to Highest in Month as U.S. Outperforms
- 3U.S. durable goods orders rebound, core capital goods rise
- 3Focus on sterling Currency | Top Forex Brokers
- 3Pound falls as U.K. retail-sales data disappoint
- 3Donâ€™t Tell Anybody About This Story on HFT Power Jump Trading
- 3S&P 500 Extends Record on Facebook Rally Amid Earnings
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar ecb economy eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold google greece imf japan obama oil pound spain stock stock market stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen