forexsq - The dollar and Japanese yen fell sharply as the euro rallied early Wednesday after the House of Representatives passed a bill to undo much of the fiscal cliff threatening the U.S. economy.
After trading at 79.792 late Monday in North America, the ICE dollar index DXY -0.28% had fallen to 79.460 by Wednesday afternoon in Asia.
The index, which tracks the dollar against six major rival currencies, moved as low as 79.28, as U.S. lawmakers passed a bipartisan deal undoing much of the fiscal cliff of austerity measures, which began going into effect at the start of the year. forex
- 1Dollar Heads for Longest Rally Since 1967 on Divergence
- 1'Hundreds of thousands' of orders placed for Alibaba in debut: NYSE
- 1Stocks Rise as Investors Await Alibaba to Begin Trading
- 1Alibaba Indicated to Open Higher After Record U.S. IPO
- 1Cantor: â€˜Buyâ€™ Alibaba shares after IPO
- 1Markets rally as Scotland votes to stay | Top Forex Brokers
- 2Yellen says poor Americans live in â€˜soberingâ€™ conditions
- 2Pound rises to two-year high against euro
- 2Pound 2-Year High Shows Bets Scotland Votes â€˜Noâ€™
- 2U.S. Stocks Climb on Fed Optimism, Lower Jobless Claims
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar draghi ecb economy eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold google greece imf obama oil pound spain stock stock market stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen