forexsq - The U.S. dollar fell against the euro in choppy afternoon trade in Asia on Tuesday, with attention turning to this weekâ€™s Federal Reserve monetary policy meeting.
The ICE dollar index DXY -0.10% , a gauge of the greenbackâ€™s performance against a basket of six major global currencies, fell to 80.287 â€” well off the Asian sessionâ€™s 80.371 high â€” from 80.309 late in North America on Tuesday.
The euro EURUSD +0.23% jumped to $1.2953, bouncing off the dayâ€™s $1.2927 low, ahead of European marketsâ€™ open. The common currency was trading hands at $1.2942 in the U.S. Monday.
The Federal Open Market Committee, scheduled to meet Wednesday, is expected by several analysts to announce an expansion its monetary easing to maintain purchases of longer-maturity securities, given that its so-called Operation Twist policy is set to expire at the year-end. forex
- 1Dollar Heads for Longest Rally Since 1967 on Divergence
- 1'Hundreds of thousands' of orders placed for Alibaba in debut: NYSE
- 1Stocks Rise as Investors Await Alibaba to Begin Trading
- 1Alibaba Indicated to Open Higher After Record U.S. IPO
- 1Cantor: â€˜Buyâ€™ Alibaba shares after IPO
- 1Markets rally as Scotland votes to stay | Top Forex Brokers
- 2Yellen says poor Americans live in â€˜soberingâ€™ conditions
- 2Pound rises to two-year high against euro
- 2Pound 2-Year High Shows Bets Scotland Votes â€˜Noâ€™
- 2U.S. Stocks Climb on Fed Optimism, Lower Jobless Claims
Become Our Fan
apple asia stocks asian stocks australian dollar bernanke boj china dollar draghi ecb economy eur eur/usd euro euro zone europe stocks european central bank european stocks eurozone eurusd facebook fed federal reserve forex forex news forex trading fx gbp/usd gold google greece imf obama oil pound spain stock stock market stocks swiss franc u.s dollar u.s. dollar u.s. economy u.s. stock u.s. stock futures u.s. stocks us dollar usd wall street yen